Bring the family and join us for an afternoon or a day of engaged learning about the many aspects of the Chesapeake Bay oyster business. Beginning in 2018, VESF will offer several of its educational trips including:
- 1. A Day with an Oyster Fisherman
- 2: The process of oyster aquaculture with a visit to a working hatchery facility
- 3. An oyster sanctuary visit and understanding Living Reefs as Memorials to loved ones
- 4. Understanding Artificial Reef Engineering, Construction, Deployment and Technology development for saving our Bay’s Coastlines
- 5. From Reef to Table – Oyster Processing and Distribution at the HPP Facility (High Pressure Processing).
Who says you can’t have fun while you learn!